Do you want to be part of a team that encourages your growth, supports your ambitions and makes it a priority for you to reach your goals? Is helping people part of who you are? At MassMutual, we help millions of people find financial freedom, offer financial protection and plan for the future. We do this by building trust with our customers by being knowledgeable problem solvers and prioritize their needs above all else. We Live Mutual.
Responsible for providing research and analytical support for the most complex business operations issues - dealing directly with managers of all levels. This role provides analysis, business insights, forecasting, staffing requirements and encourages data-based decision making and performance monitoring for New Business & Underwriting Operations. Act as Subject Matter Expert (SME) to department and outside direct area. This is the most senior level in the job family.
Job Responsibilities & Requirements
• Candidate will monitors key business drivers such as Productivity, Shrinkage, Efficiency, Effectiveness, Staffing & Attrition and unit costs.
• Create Demand and Capacity Forecasting for daily, weekly and long term forecasting and planning.
• Responsible in creating a command center team and capacity model plan.
• Interpret sales/financial forecasts and the impact to organization.
• Overall Demand and Capacity Management to include recruiting coordination, resource allocation, capacity assessments, skills assessments, oversee cross-training plans.
• Analyze trends and identify problem solving opportunities.
• Overall governance of problem solving execution and measures.
• Assess Impact of investment opportunities pre and post implementation (i.e. product reprice, algorithmic underwriting ,and variable capacity resources).
• Differentiate core vs. commodity functions
• Establish key KPI’s
• Business lead for reporting requirements
• Identify data and reporting optimization opportunities
• Standardize report utilization
• Onboarding new managers
• Handles complex long-term focused projects involving multiple disciplines or business units
• Works independently and with management on high visible, divisional/cross-divisional complex projects
• Sought as a key resource for resolution of unique or complex business problems
• Advances the interest of the company by serving on teams that are external to the organization when appropriate
• Drives continuous improvement and efficiencies beyond own scope of responsibility
• 5 + years of related workforce management, forecasting and capacity modeling
• Proficiency in Microsoft Excel (in pivot tables, V-look ups, etc.) as well as in Microsoft products
• Insurance/Financial Services experience
• Bachelor’s Degree or a HS degree + an additional 3+ years of the above experience
• Qualified applicants must be authorized to work in the US for any employer without requiring Visa sponsorship now or in the future
Essential Characteristics/ Skills:
• Extensive Workforce management systems skills
• Advanced analytical skills
• Requires excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Must be a self-starter with the ability to succeed under minimal supervision
Why Join Us.
We’ve been around since 1851. During our history, we’ve learned a few things about making sure our customers are our top priority. In order to meet and exceed their expectations, we must have the best people providing the best thinking, products and services. To accomplish this, we celebrate an inclusive, vibrant and diverse culture that encourages growth, openness and opportunities for everyone. A career with MassMutual means you will be part of a strong, stable and ethical business with industry leading pay and benefits. And your voice will always be heard.
Recognized as a 2019 World’s Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere, MassMutual is guided by a single purpose: We help people secure their future and protect the ones they love. As a company owned by our policyowners, we are defined by mutuality and our vision to put customers first. It’s more than our company structure – it’s our way of life. We are a company of people protecting people. Our company exists because people are willing to share risk and resources, and rely on each other when it counts. At MassMutual, we Live Mutual.
MassMutual is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Individual with Disability/Protected Veteran. We welcome all persons to apply. Note: Veterans are welcome to apply, regardless of their discharge status.